'Treating Customers Fairly’ (TCF) is an initiative of the Financial Conduct Authority.
We are a mutual organisation, run for the benefit of our members. Our commitment to the ‘Treating Customers Fairly’ (TCF) initiative is an integral part of our day-to-day operations and corporate strategy.
In adopting the six principles of TCF, we aim to ensure that all our customers:
- Receive fair treatment throughout
- Obtain products and services designed to meet their needs
- Receive clear information and are appropriately informed before, during and after every purchase procedure
- If given advice, that this advice is suitable, in the client’s best interests and takes into account each customer’s circumstances
- Receive the product performance customers expect and the highest possible standard of service
- Do not face unreasonable post-sale barriers when changing products, switching provider, submitting a claim or making a complaint
Why this is important to us
'Treating Customers Fairly' (TCF) is an integral part of our day-to-day operations and corporate strategy. It is an initiative to which we are committed to and one which we believe reflects the Society’s long-standing integrity.
To ensure the principles of TCF are embedded in the Society’s culture, we monitor closely our risk framework and policies which relate to conduct and ensures that all our staff are fully trained and aware of their TCF obligations enabling them to provide customers with the service they expect and deserve.