How we can help
We advise all our existing and new mortgage customers to obtain independent mortgage advice. This approach is designed to ensure you receive the most appropriate mortgage advice across the market and is part of our continued commitment to responsible lending.
If you do not already know an independent mortgage advisor, you may wish to visit the Financial Conduct Authority website, www.fca.gov.uk and then search the Financial Services register to find a mortgage advisor.
You can also search for firms offering financial advice that are near to you by entering your post code in the directory on www.fca.gov.uk.
Why should you choose us?
Changing regulation may have made the process of getting a mortgage more tedious than it has been historically. This complexity can be compounded when questions like employment situation, income sources and property type are raised.
This is exactly why you should ask your independent mortgage advisor to speak to us. We try to convert your questions into answers.
Do you have a different employment situation?
Working situations have changed significantly in recent times. Our policy of lending to people in different types of employment has kept pace in an ever-changing environment. We therefore lend to people who are;
Do you have different sources of income?
We pride ourselves on being flexible and accommodating to the changing nature of income. We consider these income sources when determining mortgage affordability;
- Salary, bonus and commission
- Self-employed income, including salary, dividend and net profit
- Investment income
- Trust income
- Maintenance payments
- Different type of property?
If everyone’s circumstances were the same, the world would be a far less interesting place. This is especially evident when it comes to property. A taste for unusual property shouldn’t be inhibited by being unable to finance it. That’s where we can help, we welcome those unusual circumstances.
We make complex mortgages seem simple. Our pragmatic and sensible approach ensures your mortgage application is individually assessed using common-sense.
We take an individual approach to your application
- No use of over-mechanical, tick-box credit scoring
- An individually-assessed, common-sense approach using good judgment and sound lending practice
- Repayment, Interest-only or a combination of both
We take a flexible view on the merits of your case
- Suitability and affordability are key
- No upper age restriction
- Up to 4 borrowers per application
We have clear, fair and transparent charges
- We will ensure you are aware of all charges and costs associated with your mortgage at the outset
- No other hidden charges
We look at all types of income when assessing affordability
- Salary, bonus and commission
- Self-employed income (minimum 1 year’s accounts plus a 1 year projection)
- Pension, drawings, dividends, rental income, investment income, trust income and maintenance
We’re quick in processing mortgage applications
- An agreement to a loan in principle within 48 hours
- Subsequent fast application processing
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
If you fail to keep up with payments on your mortgage a 'Receiver of Rent' may be appointed and your rental property, or other property used as security, may be repossessed.